Outside school holidays, every day except on mondays
- 10 -12:30 am / 2 - 5 pm
School holidays, june and september, every day except on mondays
- 10 -12:30 am / 2 - 6 pm
July and august, every day
- 10 am - 7 pm
- january 1, may 1, november 1, december 25
Annual closure to the visitors
- 15 days after the Christmas holidays
- Full : 5 € / Adult
- Reduced : 4 € / Over 65, Cap duo adult with the Castel of Ranrouët
- Reduced : 3 € / 13 to 26 years olds, job seekers, people with reduced mobility, handicapped visitors and their partner
- Free : Children under 12, press card, ICOM card
Groups information : refer to the reception desk
Cash - Visa credit card (American Express not accepted)
An english documentation and e.g. books for kids are available at the reception desk.
Panels are only in french but touch screens and a movie are subtitled in english.
Public with disabilities
In agreement with the requirements of the 2005 French act relating to persons with reduced mobility, the newly renovated saltmarsh museum is accessible to people with reduced mobility.
- in the heart of old warehouses salt, permanent exhibition on one level, deployed on 800m2 offers playful and renewed wandering ;
- to reach the temporary exhibition room on the first floor, an elevator is at your disposal ;
- the reception desk is equipped with a magnetic loop to hearing-impaired visitors ;
- two manual wheelchairs can be borrowed free of charge. Reservations are not necessary ;
- benches are placed all along the permanent exhibition ;
- three specific parking spaces are located outside the entrance ;
- people with disabilities and their companions benefit from a reduced rate.
To host groups, we invite you to fill out a contact form or call us at 02 40 23 82 79.
Be noted : Reading panels can be difficult for visually impaired people because of soft lighting desired by the scenography.
The Salt Marshes Museum has a store in the reception room.
You will find many souvenirs on topics related to the new guided tour of the Museum of Salt Marshes as the sea, the salt marshes, the salt trade in history, saltworkers including Porteresses, these women carrying salt on head.
Discover novelty items, postcards, posters, many items for children !
Local , french or european products.
Open during the opening hours of the museum.